Gender Pays Off
Gender equality is key to achieving sustainable development and is a quality feature of GIZ’s work.
The GIZ Gender Strategy is based on five complementary strategic elements:
- Political will and accountability: Managers clearly demonstrate their support for the issue of gender equality and follow up the implementation of the strategy.
- Corporate culture: Patterns of behaviour and codes of conduct that help ensure gender equality are established within the company.
- Gender equality within the company: The company ensures that men and women work together on equal terms and that there is a balanced gender ratio across all hierarchical levels and fields of responsibility within the company.
- Gender competence: GIZ staff is informed and educated about imbalances in gender relations and knows ways of correcting these.
- Processes: Procedures and instruments are gender-sensitive, especially in relation to commission management and quality management.